of Assam’s first dictionary writer Jaduram Deka Baruah. He brought out the first modern Bangla-Assamese dictionary about 175 years ago.
- Dr. Madan Sharma, Professor of Department of English and foreign language, Tezpur University in English language;
- Dr. Pradip Sarkar in Bangla language;
- Shri Tulsi Saikia, President of Jorhat District Koch Rajbanshi Sanmilan in Koch language;
- Professor Lakshminath Rabha in Rabha language;
- Professor Ms Dorothy Mumin in Garo language;
- Dr. Lokesh Boro, Professor of Department of Economics, D.C.B. Girls’ College, Jorhat in Kachari language;
- Dr. Pramod Neog, Scientist, in Pani Koch language;
- Shri Krishna Kanta Mech, Chairman of Mech Kachari Unnayan Samiti in Mech language;
- Shri Simu Singha, Vice President of Federation of Bishnupriya Manipuri Sahitya Sabha in Manipuri; and
- Shri Hridikamal Baruah, grandson of Jaduram Deka Baruah in Assamese.
The 213th birth anniversary ceremony organised at Kathasilpi Dimbeswar Dayal Sharma Sabha Ghar, Jatiya Bhawan, Jorhat was chaired by Dr. Madan Sharma, Professor of Department of English and foreign language, Tezpur University. He is also President of Assamese National Dictionary Publication Committee. On the occasion, family members of dictionary writer Jaduram Deka Baruah including Hridikamal Baruah, Rajkamal Baruah, Nilkamal Baruah and Bina Baruah were felicitated.