Relish the richness, sharing with you an aromatic authentic Assamese delicacy which is called ‘Chicken and Potato in Sesame Seed Paste Gravy’. In Assamese it will call as ‘Til Dia Murgir Manxo Aaloor Xoite.’
- 500 grams Chicken
- 3 tbsp Til bota (Sesame Seeds Paste. Here I have used brown sesame seed paste)
- 1 Large Onion (finally chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3-4 tsp mustard oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add onion, green chilies, garlic and ginger paste. Cook till it turns brown.
- Now time to add chicken pieces, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook till it is half done.
- Add the sesame paste and 1 cup of hot water. Cover and cook it till the gravy turn thick. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice or chapattis of your choice.